Workplace/Office Etiquette has become a need in today’s competitive business environment. Managers, colleagues, clients, stakeholders and partners seek for positive business relationships and demand for finesse, decency and decorum; attributes that drive and sustain profitable business social settings. Office Etiquettes are accepted forms of social behaviours in the workplace. The 21st Century workplace has gone beyond the confines of the physical office structure or building and has translated into a global village of interconnected business systems and structure held together by human relationships.
Expected Learning Outcomes
After completing this course, participants will know how to:
- Create a professional image, follow cubicle and office etiquette, and maintain positive office relationships.
- Use the Internet appropriately when at work and handle ethical dilemmas and personal issues in the workplace.
- Introduce people properly, be a good conversationalist, and follow proper etiquette in meetings.
- Display courtesy on the telephone, in voice mails, and in written communications.
- Follow proper etiquette at business functions and dinners, and identify formal table settings for business dining.
- Be a courteous traveler and prepare for international business trips.
Know the importance of office hygiene and raise the bar in office hygiene