Doing Business Research with Microsoft Excel is designed to equip participants with solid understanding of research principles as well as the capacity to conduct varieties of business research using Microsoft excel as the tool for quantitative analysis. Accordingly, the course focuses on the analysis of business problems and the use of scientific research as a problem-solving tool. This encompasses the understanding and application of appropriate research designs, research statistics, the use of Microsoft excel application for data analyses, and report writing and presentation.
Expected Learning Outcomes
In the wake of completing this course, participants are expected to be able to:
- Acquire skills to identify problem areas in the organisational settings, plan, organise, design, and conduct research to help solve the identified problems;
- Effectively collect business data for researching and solving identified business problems;
- Get conversant with the use of statistical analysis tools in Microsoft Excel;
- Write and present research reports; and
- Develop skills and knowledge to discriminate “good” from “bad” research reports.