In today’s accelerated, hypercompetitive marketplace, managers must be able to evaluate corporate progress in good time and make corrections to stay ahead of competitors. The Analytics for Marketing and Commercial Planning course is therefore designed to empower participants with the skills for delivering the insights that drive decision making across sales and marketing, from long-term revenue forecasting and setting revenue targets, to making pricing and inventory decisions and informing marketing campaigns. The course takes both spatial and non-spatial deep dive into the analysis of customer data in order to focus on customer retention and acquisition. Markets are not same everywhere. They vary region by region. Businesses have to optimize both cost and profit by understanding the variations in customers’ needs and behaviour. This calls for analysis of different data sets using geographic information in the process of planning and implementation of marketing activities.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Provide business insights using data and analytics;
- Effectively deploy analytics/BI skills in budgeting, expenditure, sales and revenue forecasting;
- Understand strategic pricing management from an analytics point of view;
- Understand the relevant modelling and optimization techniques needed to help service providers to maximize revenue;
- Model real-world pricing decision making processes;
- Get a clear picture of direct and indirect spend, control material and component costs, and manage suppliers by using data analytics;
- Understand CRM analytics;
- Understand and effectively use location intelligence / spatial analytics in creating an optimized decision-making base, performance evaluation and improvement, as well as improved customer interaction.